8.04 and KVM switch

Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF] peter at frenning.dk
Fri May 9 18:58:07 UTC 2008

Jack Hanebach skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when hooked up to kvm (ps/2) switch. after switching
> out and back in mouse wheel stops working.
> My guess is the driver, after switching out, falls back into "generic"
>
> Any hints how to make it keep the original settings?
>
> TIA

I'm assuming that it's the windows based side of things that have the
problem, at least that's what i experienced, my Mint (Ubuntu based) was
fine, but after a switch back and forth my WinXP lost the use of the
scroll wheel. The solution was to unload the Mousespecific driver SW and
let Windows handle things, after that - no prob.

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** CW: Who? Me? You must be joking!! **
email: peter(no-spam-filler)@frenning.dk