Canon PIXMA iP1000 driver

Thomas Kempkes thomas at familie-kempkes.de
Fri May 9 15:54:14 UTC 2008

Rick <rufus at hanadari.net> wrote:
> TurboPrint has a free version for non-commercial use, which I downloaded
> and installed. Actually it installed itself, even identified and added a
> couple of missing dependencies. It seems to work fine. Unfortunately,
> the "free" edition prints a big and colorful TurboPrint logo at the top
> of the page, rendering it useless except as a test. Guess I'll have to
> start saving for the paid version. At least I know there is a driver.
> Thanks again.

I think the documentation sais, that this is for testing purposes, but
IIRC the print in 300dpi is free of it, but not of best quality though.
I have tested it and insted of buying a new printer bought turboprint. I
never regretted this.

> By the way, I couldn't help wondering. Are you any relation to Thomas à
> Kempis*?

Who is that? None that I know of, but my birth name is not Kempkes
anyway...

> *Rick*
> *

BYe Thomas

--
	     I embrace poverty! To annoy me, send money.