converting .swf to .mpg

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu May 8 14:32:09 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:

> On 05/07/2008 06:40 PM, Rutger van Haasteren wrote:

>> $ dlocate ffplay
>> /usr/bin/locate.findutils: /var/lib/dlocate/dlocatedb: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> Shouldn't that be installed together with dlocate??
>
> No. dlocate is telling you that ffplay hasn't been installed and isn't
> on your system.

That doesn't look right.  I don't have ffplay, and

 derek at bella:~$ dlocate ffplay
 derek at bella:~$

I confess, I've had endless hours of fun working with locate/slocate (and
which now seems to have become mlocate), and this looks like it might be
related.  The dlocatedb file isn't part of the actual dlocate package - I'm
not sure whether it's created by the .postinst or how it's updated.
--
derek