[LTS Upgrde] Login Screen Resolution issues

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu May 8 13:52:50 UTC 2008

Patrick Drechsler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my uprade from LTS 6.06 to LTS 8.04 went fine. Congratulations to the
> update-team!
>
> But: My login screen has the wrong resolution (this is not a big issue).
>
> This is the relevant part of my xorg.conf (1280x1024 is the correct
> resolution):

What if you tried removing all the old cruft from your xorg.conf and
test the fancy new autodetection?  Make a backup of your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and run the command:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

(That should make it's own backup before changing anything, but why
trust automation when you can do it yourself.)