[LTS Upgrde] Login Screen Resolution issues

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Thu May 8 13:38:59 UTC 2008

mike <mike at mga.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>> my uprade from LTS 6.06 to LTS 8.04 went fine. Congratulations to
>> the update-team!
>>
>> But: My login screen has the wrong resolution (this is not a big
>> issue).
>>
>> This is the relevant part of my xorg.conf (1280x1024 is the correct
>> resolution):
[...snipped...]
>> I have also tried rebooting with everything below "1280x1024" deleted
>> from xorg.conf. The login screen still displays incorrectly.

> this may sound a silly question but when you boot is you monitor on or
> switched to another computer i run 3 machines if the linux (ubuntu )
> is not switched through to the monitor it boots with a resolution of
> 800 x 600 if your monitor is of the older CRT type it may be it does
> not switch in in time for Ubuntu to get the capability of the monitor.

Thanks for your feedback Mike!

I do not think this is the problem, because the login screen was
dislayed with the correct resolution with Ubuntu 6.06 (before the
upgrade). The monitor is a TFT (Belinea model 101715).

Cheers,

Patrick
--
Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
			(Groucho Marx)