Evolution 2.22.1: Unable to see hidden fields when importing

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu May 8 05:33:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 23:25 +0000, Anthony Gardner wrote:

> My girlfriend has Evolution 2.22.1 on Hardy and I have 2.12.1 on
> Gutsy. The problem we have is, she can't see the .directories (hidden
> directories) when trying to import despite setting 'Show Hidden Files'
> in the File Browser preferences. I can see the hidden files with
> 2.12.1 and I can confirm that they do not show up on Hardy coz my
> sister has it and I can see they are missing.
>
> The hidden files show up in the File Browser on Hardy, though.

Like NoOp, I can confirm that this works for me in Hardy.

What happens if you start the import in Evo and then enable hidden files
by rightclicking the list of files in the File Open dialog? There should
be a context menu entry "Show hidden files". Does that work?

You can also (again in the File Open dialog) enter ".", or ".mozilla" in
the "Location" text entry field. This should show you a menu with all
files/directories starting with a dot or ".mozilla", repsectively