Hibernation woes

Albert Charron albert at albertcharron.name
Wed May 7 20:41:59 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Oh, so typical...  There _isn't_ a distribution problem.  There's a problem
> with your configuration.

Derek... can you explain how to configure this to work properly? I'm
following this thread since I have the exact same problem on both my
laptops and my desktop.  Hibernate (Standby has the same problem
anyways) have never worked as expected on my hardware, with any Ubuntu
releases (This works perfectly for me on Doze and on at least one other
Linux distribution). The machine goes to standby or hibernates yes, but
there's no way to make the machine usable at the wakeup... most of the
time, the only thing I can do is to press and hold the power button to
reset the machine. Some times, I manage to go to cli and do a proper
reboot...

Thanks for your input, and hoping to solve the problem too...

  Albert Charron
  Linux Counter member #157482
  Registered computers: 195048, 361906