converting .swf to .mpg

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 7 17:14:51 UTC 2008

On 05/07/2008 09:58 AM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>>    It can't find ffplay. It is supposed to be in the ffmpeg package,
>>>    but it is not, and I can't find it elsewhere.
>>>
>>> Pierre
>>>

>> Why would you expect WinFF to find ffplay?
>>
>> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/ffplay-doc.html
>>
>> $ locate ffplay
>> /usr/share/doc/ffmpeg/html/ffplay-doc.html
>> /usr/share/man/man1/ffplay.1.gz
>> /usr/bin/ffplay
>
> It would be useful to use "dlocate ffplay", which would also show which
> package you got ffplay from.

Hmmm...

$ dlocate ffplay
The program 'dlocate' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install dlocate
bash: dlocate: command not found

Installed and then:
$ dlocate ffplay
ffmpeg: /usr/bin/ffplay
ffmpeg: /usr/share/doc/ffmpeg/html/ffplay-doc.html
ffmpeg: /usr/share/man/man1/ffplay.1.gz

But checking in Synaptic I see that I got it from medibuntu. However,
Ubuntu also has it in Universe, though I don't know if there is any
difference:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=names&keywords=ffmpeg