The bird and the fox aren't talking after changing back to 2.*

Catalin David c.david at jacobs-university.de
Wed May 7 13:03:37 UTC 2008

Brian Lunergan wrote:
> Hi ho:
>
> May not be an ubuntu question as such, but since there seems to be much
> talk on jumping back to a 2.* version of Firefox I'll give it a try.
>
> Saved out my bookmarks and passwords. Pulled both entries for Firefox and
> the assortment of extensions. Put back v2.*. Had to kill off .mozilla
> completely and start clean. Reinstalling all the supporting cast (password,
> bookmarks, etc.) with out problem. By itself Firefox seems fine, but links
> in the addon windows in both the fox and the bird, and links within emails
> no longer respond. The change obviously broke something, but what?? Any
> ideas on how I might fix this?
>
> Oh ya. Had 7.10. Moved to 8.04 without apparent problem. Guess I just got
> lucky about it liking my hardware setup. Decided to give the KDE4 desktop a
> try. Some quirks to learn about, but nothing is likely to be
> insurmountable. That's where my system stands at the moment
>
> Regards...

It is Linux related :P ... Encountered it, too, when migrating from 3.0
to 2.x ... Try System -> Administration -> Preffered Applications and
you will have to replace for links the old firefox-3 with firefox-2 (i
think... I don't have my laptop with me right now, so can't tell for sure).
Hope this helped...
Catalin