git

Michael Poole mdpoole at troilus.org
Wed May 7 11:50:26 UTC 2008

stan writes:

> I read an article yesterday on Slashdot about ext4. It suggested using git
> to retrieve certain sources. Having never used this tool, I decided this
> was a opportune time to learn it. So I did apt-get install git, which went
> well. But I don;t seem to gave a git executable now. What am I doing wrong?
> (8.04)

Due to the vagaries of history, the "git" package installs the GNU
Interactive Tools.  The git executable you want is in the git-core
packages; you may also want to install related packages, such as
git-gui, gitk, or some of the packages that provide interoperation
between git and other version control systems.

Michael Poole