[Sparc] SILO is waiting for input after reboot

Stephan Windmüller stephan.windmueller at cs.uni-dortmund.de
Wed May 7 10:41:08 UTC 2008

Hello!

I just installed Ubuntu 7.10 (Server) on a T2000. After the installation
the system did not boot properly until I set boot-device to "disk" and
boot-command to "boot disk Linux" at the ok-prompt.

Unfortunately this only works when I am doing a "reset" from ALOM. After
running "reboot" in my Ubuntu installation, the boot-command is set to
"boot" and the system stops at the SILO prompt. There I have to press
Enter to boot the system.

My question is: How do I configure the nvram or Ubuntu so I can reboot
with the reboot-command?

TIA
 Stephan