Calendar/PIM applications - recommendations?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 7 07:19:19 UTC 2008

2008/5/6 Leif Gregory <ldgregory69 at gmail.com>:
>> There is no need to remove the library. The errors that are displayed
>> have nothing to do with the new library. Also, the error specifically
>> says "Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them." if you don't want to
>> get the errors about unnecessary packages again. This is not Windows,
>> with closed-source magic happening behind closed doors. The solution
>> is right there in front of you:
>>
>> $ apt-get autoremove
>
> The problem he's having is that rainlendar2-lite is saying
> that libatk1.0-0 is an unsatisfiable dependency. Since it's showing as
> installed, I'm guessing something is just fudged up and that he could
> try to remove libatk1.0-0 and reinstall it to see if the original error
> goes away.

Ah, I thought that you were referring to the unnecessary packages that
apt-get was complaining about.

> Here's his original issue:

> Im trying to install this and I received an error:
> Dependency is not satisfiable: libatk1.0-0

> Since Rainlendar2-lite has only one conflict which is rainlendar2-pro,
> and libatk1.0-0 has no conflicts, I thought that removing the package
> and reinstalling it might fix whatever is fudged up.

Maybe reinstalling libatk1.0-0 to an addition place, such as /etc.
Better yet, a symlink. If rainlendar was compiled on another system,
it may not be looking for the libraries in the places where debian
usually puts them.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il