Firefox Not showing Text

gschaefr at comcast.net gschaefr at comcast.net
Mon May 5 17:17:32 UTC 2008

From: Joseph <ubuntu at e-pops.org>

> Just this morning, I got an eMail (in Thunderbird 2.0.0.12) from my
> daughter in which I could not read the text.  It appeared completely blank.
>
> Then I hit "reply" to ask why she'd send me a blank eMail.  When the
> reply came up, there was the text of our previous conversation as well
> as her last comments.
>
> I didn't add any programs yesterday or this morning, so what could have
> happened and what can I do to get text in the preview pane of my
> Thunderbird without hitting "reply"?
>
> Joseph

Many things could affect that, but you have only mentioned Thunderbird.
I don't use Tbird, but I have also seen this occasionally. Was this a one-time
event, or is this "normal" now for your setup? What system was _she_ using?
She may have sent it using a different mail program, such as her ISP's webmail.
You'll get a better answer if you provide more info in your question. :-)

Jerry