Calendar/PIM applications - recommendations?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon May 5 09:59:22 UTC 2008

I'm looking for a desktop calendar application that can pop up
reminders for appointments etc. without me having to explicitly run
the application.  If it includes an address book then so much the
better but it's not very important.  I don't want an all singing, all
dancing application like Evolution because I use mutt on a remote
system for my E-Mail.  I just want an effective calendar and
appointments application.

Any recommendations?

I currently run J-Pilot which is OK *except* that it doesn't fulfil
the pop-up reminders requirement (I do have an ancient Palm Pilot
which is why I've been using J-Pilot).

--
Chris Green