webcam and skype

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon May 5 08:30:33 UTC 2008

2008/4/27 Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>:
>    I have not tried Skype on the new Ubuntu but it works fine in 7.10
> and I bought a newer webcam and it works with Skype but not well. The
> camera image dies about a minute or 2 after starting. Not sure why. And
> I fixed it once, but did not remember how :-)
>
> Karl

Which camera did you buy? Did you contact the manufacturer and let
them know that you need their product supported under Ubuntu or Linux
in general? If we don't write to the manufacturers, then they will not
know that we need their products.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il