Ubuntu + shutdown

loody miloody at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:41:26 UTC 2008

Hi:
could you please make sure that you are not going to hibernate or suspend
mode?

suspend mode will not turn off the power and it just let the system run in
low power state.
You can see your cpu fan keeps working.

hibernate mode will save all your data on DRAM to HD and then power the
system off.

If you are not sure whether the problem comes from BIOS, you can enter your
bios setting page and choose "restore default setting" on your list.

Sincerely Yours,
miloody