how to install TV application on Ubuntu

loody miloody at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:33:35 UTC 2008

Dear all:
appreciate your kind help.
Actually, I have no idea which application I need and I even have no any
tuner card yet.

Below I list what I have, what I need and what my questions are.

my environment:
1. Gnome desktop.
2. ubuntu 7.10

I want to both see analog and digital tv.

my questions are:
1. Which tuner card should I buy?
2. Does the tuner card that I can use must support video4linux or it depends
on the package that I choose?
4. Can there any tuner card meet all 3 type of TV you mentioned in the
previous letter?
3.what does " Do you actually want broadcast TV" mean?
Does that mean I can broadcast my video that is recorded by some packages on
some channel from my tuner card?
That sounds cool~~.

thanks for your detail explanations,
miloody

loody wrote:

> I want to see Tv on my ubuntu, but I have no idea what packages I can
> apt-get or where I can find them.
> Would someone suggest me the package list?

sudo apt-get install tvtime

that's what i use!  if you want to go hardcore then look at mythtv or
mythbuntu.

what tuner card do you have?

- -d