Firefox 3.05b - Sound for Adobe Flashplayer 9 worked then quit

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sun May 4 17:11:36 UTC 2008

I just upgraded to U8.04 and started Firefox by clicking a link
(http://linux.sys-con.com/read/558171.htm) to an article.  There was a
flash ad on that page and it was playing sound.  FF prompted me, as it
had a few times before, to load version 2 settings or keep the 3.0b5
defaults.  I clicked to load the v2 settings that I had been using for a
year and the sound stopped. I guess that was a mistake.  Flash sound
plays on youtube, but not for this ad.  This ad plays on a desktop I
have, but not on my laptop, anymore.  I cannot discern the differences
in the setups, as of yet.
Anyone got any ideas about what may have happened to the sound?
Should I try deleting all traces of Firefox and reinstalling to get it
back to defaults?
Thanks,
Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on. - Robert Bloch (300)