Ubuntu 8.04 Is Ready to Take On Windows

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sun May 4 01:23:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/1 Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com>:
>
> > Except that the reliable cost effective software that allows us to dig
>  > dirt out of the ground cheaply and transport it hundreds of kilometers
>  > to put on a ship and sell to China for a ridiculous profit does not
>  > run on Linux, not even under Wine.
>  >

>  What software is that? Link, please, and specific usage details. Thanks.
>
>  Dotan Cohen
Just off the top of my head:
http://www.vulcan3d.com/index.html
http://www.gemcomsoftware.com/products/
http://www.issgroup.com.au/PRODUCTS/MiningSuite/tabid/135/Default.aspx
http://www.micromine.com.au/Products.asp
http://www.mapinfo.com.au (yes I know that one works but the amount of
work it takes etc is not conducive to a rapid working workplace. Plus
out of 20 IT guys to look after 600 PC's and 160 Servers I'm nearly
the only guy that can easily use Linux. as I mentioned there isn't
enough support for this stuff.)

--
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono