Ubuntu 8.04 Is Ready to Take On Windows

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat May 3 21:15:59 UTC 2008

Michael,

What kind of cockamamie nonsense is that?  Just about everything Red Hat
has ever released either is already GPL or is slated to be GPL.  Their
commitment to free software has been significant ever since Bob Young
founded the company.  The GNOME that you're likely using has significant
Red Hat contributions.  This kind of distro-war FUD you're spouting out
here only helps Microsoft.  Cut it out.

CentOS, etc. would never be able to exist if Red Hat's software were not
free, and both they and Red Hat have made that very clear.  Several times.

Yes, I use CentOS, in its K12LTSP incarnation.  At work, it's nearly all
some version of Ubuntu or Debian.  My thick client runs Slackware, and
my firewall runs OpenBSD.  They're *all* good.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate
antivirus protection!