How can I display a list of current environment variables and also recognized regular expressions....

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:41:37 UTC 2008

I'm looking for the equivalent of the "SET" command in windows.  also if
in windows if I typed something like "c:\copy *.* d:\" where can I find
a list of "*.*" that linux recognizes.  I'm trying to get the basics of
scripting.  I'm sorry I don't know any more useful ways of describing
it.

Basically if I type cp *.*(what I mean is "all files") source
destination.

would these be considered regular expressions? I'm a little hazy on
this.

Patience yields far greater results than brute force or rage ever could
so relax......it's just life !!!