custom ubuntu repository server on Dell Latitude D600

Roberto de Sousa r_de_sousa at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 13:07:10 UTC 2008

The reason why i wanted to use the laptop as the repository server since we have several offices in several places.. it would come handy with the notebook traveling  to different places and setup and have workstation connect to it to get ubuntu. Any advise on this as to what would be a good idea? bear in mind that i need a portable machine to take for the above purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Harold Hartley <harold_hartley at verizon.net> wrote: Roberto de Sousa wrote:
> Hello all,
> I need some advise as to how to make my dell Latitude to be a
> repository server. I got a very slow internet connection here so, it
> would be great if i can configure my laptop to be a repository server
> and therefore, i could use it as Server to allow other machine to get
> ubuntu installation from it. A step by step instruction will be helpful.
>
> I try to googgled it but a lot of instruction on the internet that
> rather makes me confused...
>
> Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roberto
>

> *buka wainhira la hatene, buka atu hatene liu tan
>
> abracos *

> Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address
> .

Why would anyone turn a laptop into a repository server. Its best to use
a desktop as any type of server...
I have a Dell Latitude D800 and I use it all the time with both windows
and ubuntu and my desktop as my server...

Harold