re-converting ubuntu server edition

C. Ahmet MERCAN ahmet.mercan at gmail.com
Thu May 1 10:12:41 UTC 2008

Avi Greenbury wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:00:00 +0200
> "C. Ahmet MERCAN" <ahmet.mercan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Previously, I did an dirty upgrade (via editing sourcelist file) from
>> 6.06 server edition to 7.04, and than to 7.10.
>
> Did you change the repostiories then do apt-get dist-upgrade?
>
> What exactly did you change, and from what and to what?

Yes, I did update && dist-upgrade. I am not exactly sure but while
upgrade, i accidentally select "dont update package" for evms or
initramfs. The result was a bugy system. Than I was tried to upgrade
7.10. The upgrade was not completed with errors. I did run some upgrade
commands (such as aptitude dist-upgrade, full-upgrade etc.) again and
again. They did not work. I search for problem, i found a solution:
remove evms package! This solves  the upgrade problem. Now, I have a
hybrid system that upgraded to 7.10.

Thanks.

Ahmet MERCAN