moving file using perl

OOzy Pal oozypal at gmail.com
Thu May 1 08:27:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 10:41:21AM +0300, OOzy Pal wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  > How can I move a file to a directory name DONE using perl. I tried
>  > this but it did not work?
>  >
>  > $file='Myfile';
>  > rename $file, 'Done/'$file;
>  >
>  ... and what error message did you get?  Does the directory exist (and
>  remember 'DONE' and 'Done' are different in Linux/Unix)?
>
>  --
>  Chris Green
>
>  --

Here is the error
Scalar found where operator expected at /home/hab/bin/exiftool.pl line
45, near "'DONE/'$file"
        (Missing operator before $file?)
syntax error at /home/hab/bin/exiftool.pl line 45, near "'DONE/'$file"
Execution of /home/hab/bin/exiftool.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

--
OOzy
Ubuntu-Gutsy (7.10)