How to tell GNOME menu items about environment variables?

neskie neskiem at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 19:07:32 UTC 2008

To run a program in a modified environment use the program called: env

For more info see the man pages. I came across this post because I created a
POSIX locale shs_CA which isn't supported in OpenOffice and OO.o would crash
when I started it with the shs_CA locale.  So I now start OO.o from GNOME
with

env LANG=en_CA.UTF-8 ooffice