Screen Saver lock up

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 31 14:33:49 UTC 2008

I have just built a new unit with a Biostar K8M800 mainboard, AMD Athlon
64 X2 4000 processor and 2 5i2mb sticks of DDR2.  The Ubuntu I installed
is v.7.10, 32bit and it runs like a top except that I selected the Ant
Spotlight screensaver and it locked up immediately.  If I go the GUI
route to select anything else it locks up and I loose the screen after
about 5 sec. to multiple horizontal lines.  If I allow the machine to
rest for five minutes it goes to the screen saver and I get the
horizontal lines.  Can anyone give me a command line to disarm this?
Thank you for any help.

--
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor