Using FTP from the command line

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 12:37:56 UTC 2008

I am getting more comfortable on the command line and I use FTP there
often. However, I have one issue with it: How can one browse the local
filesystem while in FTP mode? All I could find is lcd, for 'local cd'.
But how can I 'ls' and 'pwd' on the _local_ box while I am in FTP
mode? Note that I cannot use a graphical FTP client for this project,
as the machine has no X. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il