Can't read any DVD, and can't mount the dvd drive

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Mon Mar 31 08:11:53 UTC 2008

________________________________

De:  NoOp
Enviado el: vie 28/03/2008 21:49
Para: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Asunto: Re: Can't read any DVD, and can't mount the dvd drive

On 03/28/2008 01:41 PM, Ashley Benton wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM, NoOp
>> >

>Then you probably have a hardware problem. I'd first check to make sure
that the dvd drive is clean. Also see if you can boot from it (be sure
to set your bios to allow booting from that drive) - put your ubuntu cd
into it and see if it recognizes the cd and boots. If that doesn't work,
then I'd go hunting for loose connections to the drive.

To me happens a strange thing: I can boot and read the old Ubuntu CDs but not  the newer ones.

Regards.