Kenneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at
Mon Mar 31 04:16:17 UTC 2008

I'm running Gutsy and I've started having a problem with sound.  The only
change I've made to the system recently is that I switched totem to work
with xine instead of gstreamer, since gstreamer didn't handle the menus
on my DVDs correctly (or handle some of them at all).  Now my sound
preferences seem to be ignored by the system.  I've altered the sound
preferences to all say USB, including the mixer which says ALSA as well,
and yet the sound still comes out of my laptop when I start a movie

Any ideas on what to do here?

Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at>