Parted

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sun Mar 30 23:41:23 UTC 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:36:33 -0600
Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

> David Vincent wrote:
> >

>     Well I found the gparted that I apt-get installed and it also
> says the windows partition is un-readable. I learned from a guy who
> called me a stupid jerk that chkdsk is a windows program. I didn't
> know that. So I will try it and see what it says, if I can find it.
>
> Karl

Karl -

One last thing to consider also - ensure your Windows was properly
shutdown. When it's not, NTFS is in a "open" state.

This is esp. true if you need to use one of the nifty Linux password
resetters for Windows.

So, get back into Windows, and just ensure that you are letting Windows
shut down the system. Then try gparted.

--
Best regards,
Chris