ERROR in Evolution

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Sun Mar 30 03:18:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 10:54 +1100, Karl Auer wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 17:06 -0500, Joseph wrote:
> >         Error while performing operation.
> >         RCPT TO <ragweed> failed: Command parameter not implemented
> > Can you tell me what I can do to correct this?  It's my main account
> > for my personal eMail.
>
> Check the email address very, very carefully. Almost certainly you have
> an error in there, even if you haven't found it yet. If very careful
> inspection doesn't reveal the error, you could delete the account and
> start from scratch. If you are *certain* that the account is in every
> respect identical to other, working accounts except for the account
> name, then file a bug.
>
> I don't know if it applies in your case (especially since other accounts
> on the same machine work) but is your host name fully qualified? There
> have been issues with Evolution in that direction...
>
> Regards, K.

Karl,

You bring up some interesting and valid questions.  I've checked and
double....   even triple checked the accounts and they are all identical
except the actual eMail address and passwords.

You'd mentioned the server....    being "fully qualified.  It's my
domain which I have with Network Solutions.  It's always worked great
until now....   that is, changing from T-Bird on Windows to Evolution on
Ubuntu.

Strangely, I have 17 addresses and this one is the only one which gets
this "error."  There are three others which have other problems that I'm
working on resolving....   all because they are all going through
associate.com.  I have four that go through there and only this one
(ragweed) hangs up with an error.

All these addresses are on the same domain....   e-pops.org with
Networksolution.com.  Only four are having problems.  One is universal
and won't work at all...   the other three are intermittant so I think
it's on Associate's end.

Could only one have this problem and 13 others have no problems at all
and work great??  My ubuntu address (used for this list only) is on the
same domain/server, and same identical settings, and is working great.
<grimace>

So you think it's a bug???   Maybe if I sprinkle some boric acid on the
system....   <GRIN>

Joseph Snurr
http://e-pops.org/aeamt/GT/607.html