[OT] Re: Managed to install Ubuntu but a question about Alsa

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Mar 29 13:04:55 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:00 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     Mario please PLEASE do not quote me out of context!!!! I did not
>> write what is below. You erased the part that is vital and then you
>> draw false conclusions. [...]
>>

> Sorry if I misrepresented your statement, I just wanted to quote briefly
> to focus on what I was replying to. Anyone reading this little exchange
> has your full statement in the previous post anyway, but I apologize if
> that is not satisfactory, no harm was intended. To quote you fully:
>
> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I take this from the Blog and rest my case:
>>
>>        As long as nobody is using the sound card, OSS legacy apps
>> continue to work.
>>

>> Karl
>>
>> PS: I have several legacy applications that use the sound card.
>>

> I seem to have just left out the sentence "I take this from the Blog and rest my case:"
>
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 06:23 +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 15:11 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>        As long as nobody is using the sound card, OSS legacy apps
>>> continue to work.
>>>

>>> Karl
>>>
>>> PS: I have several legacy applications that use the sound card.
>>>

> Could you clarify how I misunderstood you because of my incomplete
> quoting? I don't seem to get it, and I really would like to know.

    It was both our fault. I should have included the URL to the blog,
so anyone could have looked if they cared. Your editing with a big cut
made my error more apparent and you could draw the wrong conclusion. I
will write it again with the URL and it will make more sense.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User