Gutsy on one partion/Hardy on another

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat Mar 29 09:36:50 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 18:41 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 03/28/2008 06:15 PM, Erich Jansen wrote:
>

> > My guess would be that like many other people he doesn't want to risk
> > running a beta in a production environment. At the rate a beta gets
> > patched and the frequency that things break during the beta I can see
> > why he might not want to. Also the one thing that everyone learns when
> > switching to linux is that no one has the same experience as someone
> > else. One person having no problems is a rarity, not a reason to make
> > the leap.
> >

> And you are 100% correct. I read posts on a regular basis to the effect
> of "I have <number> of distros installed", so apparently it isn't total
> magic. I reckon if nothing else I'll try it on one of my test systems
> and see if I can sort it out that way.

May I drop in here, since this topic is of my very big interest
too !' ;-)

As a newbie I would like to have 2 installations:
1st ONE as a PROD and
2nd ONE as a TEST environment !!

Well, this can / could be either the same versions or
with upcoming of a new release with different releases !!!

Important for me would be:

Never experiment or play with the productive ONE !

If anything goes wrong with the TEST environment due my experiments ...
... I wanna "drive copy" the PROD to TEST to have identical and
failureless conditions again.
In my current / previous (non Linux OS - OS/2 Warp 4 MCP 4.52) I do have
this solution. ;-D

Well I do have more questions to such / this 2 Ubuntu version setup ...
... but have to come later again and hope for your assistance and hints
then ! ;-)

Cheers, svobi