Gutsy on one partion/Hardy on another

Erich Jansen erich at stoptouchingmethere.com
Sat Mar 29 01:15:35 UTC 2008

> why dont you just run the update manager and upgrade gutsy to hardy?
> ive been using hardy for about a month with no problems whatsoever.
>

> - --
> Steve Reilly
>
> http://reillyblog.com

My guess would be that like many other people he doesn't want to risk
running a beta in a production environment. At the rate a beta gets
patched and the frequency that things break during the beta I can see
why he might not want to. Also the one thing that everyone learns when
switching to linux is that no one has the same experience as someone
else. One person having no problems is a rarity, not a reason to make
the leap.

--
Erich Jansen <erich at stoptouchingmethere.com>
http://stoptouchingmethere.com/