Connecting Molecules

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Fri Mar 28 23:07:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 15:38 -0500, Joseph wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 15:21 -0500, Joseph wrote:
>

> > It happened again, and the message was actually "Constructing
> > Molecules" not "Connecting Molecules"
> >

> > On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:45 -0500, Joseph wrote:
> >

> > > When I leave the computer for a while, I come back and it's got a
> > > black screen and a message in the upper left hand corner which
> > > says, "Connecting Molecules."
> > >
> > > Then I have to shut down and reboot.  Why does that happen?
> > >
> > > Joseph Snurr
> > > http://e-pops.org/aeamt/GT/607.html
>

> OK, I found out what that is.  It's a screen saver...   however, it's
> locking up the system.  I was going to shut the screen savers down,
> but can't.  As soon as I go there, it's at the "Constructing
> Molecules" and locks up the system again.
>
> Does anyone have a detailed (for the inexperienced) way in which I can
> shut down the screen saver without going to the screen saver area?
>
> I'm not sure why it freezes my system, but it's got to stop as I have
> to leave it at times and I don't want to reboot.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Joseph Snurr
> http://e-pops.org/aeamt/GT/607.html

Got It!!!

Yes, the "Constructing Modules" screen saver is flawed.  I found, in the
forums, that it is a rather common flaw.

I had to go to the gconf-editor, for which I had to do a search, and got
into that and simply shut off the "Constructing Module" screen saver.

Now, two questions:

    Does anyone know how I can remove that one, single, screen saver???
    Can anyone tell me how I can get to the "gconf-editor" without all
the hoops and hunts???

Thanks for everything....     (and I feel rather proud of myself for
figuring this thing out.