Connecting Molecules

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Fri Mar 28 20:38:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 15:21 -0500, Joseph wrote:

> It happened again, and the message was actually "Constructing
> Molecules" not "Connecting Molecules"
>

> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:45 -0500, Joseph wrote:
>

> > When I leave the computer for a while, I come back and it's got a
> > black screen and a message in the upper left hand corner which says,
> > "Connecting Molecules."
> >
> > Then I have to shut down and reboot.  Why does that happen?
> >
> > Joseph Snurr
> > http://e-pops.org/aeamt/GT/607.html

OK, I found out what that is.  It's a screen saver...   however, it's
locking up the system.  I was going to shut the screen savers down, but
can't.  As soon as I go there, it's at the "Constructing Molecules" and
locks up the system again.

Does anyone have a detailed (for the inexperienced) way in which I can
shut down the screen saver without going to the screen saver area?

I'm not sure why it freezes my system, but it's got to stop as I have to
leave it at times and I don't want to reboot.

Thanks,