[Hardy] Unable to get to a virtual console.

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Fri Mar 28 20:26:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:00:30 +0000 (UTC)
"Scott (angrykeyboarder)" <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> >> Has anyone else noticed this?
> >
> > See https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/201591
>
> I had already searched Launchpad and came up empty.
>
> I suppose that's because "atyfb regression - screen blank except for
> blinking cursor after fbcon vtswitch"
>
> Is mostly gibberish to me. :)
>
> And I've never entered anything like "fbcon vtswitch" (I don't think...).

Yes, the title is certainly aimed at the élite, of which neither you nor I
are part, apparently ;) The translation is something like

"When I switch from one console to another [Alt + [F1-6] with the
frame buffer enabled, all I see is a floating blinking cursor."

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net