Downloading and system info

Joseph ubuntu at
Fri Mar 28 15:00:21 UTC 2008

I am brand new to Ubuntu, but I think I'm going to like it.

However, I'm wanting to download an HTML editing program at and it gives several options....
and I'm not sure what to take.

It says I've searched and found 1 package....   but there's a list of
seven things.

I want to master Ubuntu, but it seems I must start with downloads.  It
seems that I need to know the processor (i.e. AMD64) and this system was
given to me in parts and I built it.  But I'm not sure of the processor
except that it's 1000Mhz.  Of course I may be wrong in my assumptions.
Ubuntu is definitely different.

Thanks for any assistance.

Oh yes, I'll be looking for a good FTP program as I cannot use my old
Smart FTP for Sindows.

Again, thanks....

Joseph Snurr