Downloading and system info

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Fri Mar 28 15:00:21 UTC 2008

I am brand new to Ubuntu, but I think I'm going to like it.

However, I'm wanting to download an HTML editing program at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/bluefish and it gives several options....
and I'm not sure what to take.

It says I've searched and found 1 package....   but there's a list of
seven things.

I want to master Ubuntu, but it seems I must start with downloads.  It
seems that I need to know the processor (i.e. AMD64) and this system was
given to me in parts and I built it.  But I'm not sure of the processor
except that it's 1000Mhz.  Of course I may be wrong in my assumptions.
Ubuntu is definitely different.

Thanks for any assistance.

Oh yes, I'll be looking for a good FTP program as I cannot use my old
Smart FTP for Sindows.

Again, thanks....

Joseph Snurr
http://e-pops.org/aeamt/GT/607.html