Managed to install Ubuntu but a question about Alsa

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Mar 28 05:17:52 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen spake thusly:

>     Why the people who make the choices as to what to put in Ubuntu have
> decided to install pulseaudio is a mystery. I can give good Electrical
> Engineering reasons why it is not a good idea. The least they could do
> is make it a thing you can install if wanted. Then the many problems
> would just be those who added it :-)

PulseAudio is suddenly the darling of the Linux sound world. It's also
the default in the upcoming releases of Fedora, Mandriva and openSUSE as
well.

I'm not sure why it's supposed to be so great. I was playing around with
Mandriva 2008.1 recently and could not get sound at all.

Right now I'm running Hardy and I've never had sound from day one. I've
been running it for a few weeks now.

I really hope they get this figured out by release date. No sound is
totally acceptable.

Sound is working just fine here in Windows however. ;)

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com