[Hardy] Unable to get to a virtual console.

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Mar 28 04:33:02 UTC 2008

I'm not sure when this cropped up. I don't use them very often but it
seems to me that I have done so successfully at least once in the past
few weeks.

But when I attempted to do so today I was presented with a totally blank
screen in any of the first 6 consoles.

Switching back to 7 was unsuccessful and I had to reboot.  Went through
this process several times today.

Now it's only gotten sightly better in that I've been able to get back to
7 (with X running as it was when I left). But the other consoles are
still worthless.

All that shows up in them is one character. It's a cursor that will
appear in a single random place (the location changes when you switch to
any given console) on the screen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I just commented on an existing bug report that while similar is not
quite the same problem I'm having.

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com