Why doesn't GUI upgrade 6.10 to 7.04 work as documented?

Mr. Obnibolongo obnibolongo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:59:54 UTC 2008

WTH?

Anyway, this might be of some help.

If for some (extremely) odd reason your system thinks it's a LTS
release, it won't upgrade for a non-LTS version.

Be sure of having all packages updated first with
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

ONLY AFTER try:

gksu "update-manager -c -d"

For more info on update-manager options, try "update-manager --help".

WARNING: be sure to upgrade to the following version, in your case,
7.04; I do NOT know if using the -d will make update-manager do
something stupid like "jumping" to 8.04, which is still a Beta...

--
Mr. Obnibolongo