grub lost, please help

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 27 18:18:56 UTC 2008

On 03/27/2008 01:51 AM, Donny George wrote:
> hello
>
> yes finally i have everything working
>
> my situation was something like this, i had disk A(primary master-for
> linux), Disk B(slave for windows)
> and earlier the boot sequence was master slave cd rom, now i changed it the
> first boot device to be the windows hard disk and now everthing seems fine
>
> now i tried getting the internet access with sudo dhclient3 eth0, but it
> doesnt work. i have a lan cable which i just use as plug and play in windows
> with no user name and password to be entered. so i was instructed the last
> time while i was working with ubuntu that i need not configure dhcp as its
> automatic. but now the command doesnt seem to work

Seems like a lot of work to me, unless of course you have properly
modified your dhclient.conf file. See (from a terminal window):

man dhclient
man dhclient.conf

I suggest that you use the network manager tool first:

System|Administration|Network

Set your card using Properties|Configuration|Automatic configuration (DHCP)