Linux Ham Software for TEN TEC Pegasus

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Mar 27 12:46:15 UTC 2008

Tom wrote:
> Hi:
>
> This might be bizarre question on this reflector...but I need to ask...
> Does anyone (specifically hams) know if there is a way to run the
> Pegasus control software (windows) on Linux. I tried WINE but it
> performs miserably. Anyone know of anyone running this control software
> on Linux?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Tom Lau N8TL

    I think you have asked this question before. No person here even
knows what a "

Pegasus" is. It is a radio that requires a computer to display it's control functions. This is done using the serial port and the sound card.

	The problem is the maker of the radio did not make a Linux software. Without the software for Linux it is hopeless.

	You need to dual boot between Windows and Linux. Use Windows when you want to use your radio.

Karl AKA K5DI

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User