xorg resolution problem in Hardy

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Thu Mar 27 06:33:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 15:13 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> Had the same problem(s) on my upgrades from Gutsy to Hardy. I got
> tired
> of messing with the "new & improved" xorg and loaded my old xorg.conf
> from Gutsy & all works now. If you have upgraded, you probably have a
> copy of your old xorg.conf in /etc/X11 - rename the "new & improved"
> xorg.conf to something else and rename your old xorg.conf.<name> to
> xorg.conf and then log out and back in. Should work.

FWIW, for me it was different: the upgrade to Hardy left my xorg.conf in
place (I upgraded a long time ago), and it worked much better once I
deleted it and reconfigured xserver-xorg, which created the "minimal"
config file.

To the OP, can't you go to Preferences -> Screen Resolution and set it
there?