audio tone control

Frans ketelaars at
Tue Mar 25 21:45:52 UTC 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 05:16:01 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> Is there any way to change the sound balance, i.e. bass and treble, when
> playing CDs? Google yields nothing and if it's in the Ubuntu docs I
> missed it.

Amarok can play audio CD's and many other audio formats and has a 
graphical equalizer.

Some sound hardware has integrated tone control and that can then be used 
from a mixer application like alsamixer if supported by the alsa driver.


More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list