How to record sound OUT

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:55:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I want to record the sound that is coming OUT (of the computer, sound
card, speakers) and I can't remember how to do that. I read about how
to do this ages ago and can't remember nor find the relevant
information. I remember that by some fairly simple command line
argument you can have the sound that is going out be recorded to WAV
instead. Does anyone know how to do this?

I want to do this because there is an archived radio stream (in swf,
not mp3 or other format) that  would like to have a copy of on my hard
drive. I can't find any way to rip such a stream so recording the
audio out seems the next best thing.

Thanks in advance,

Craig Hagerman