DNS Host - who is it?

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar at 2008.43-1.org
Mon Mar 24 13:18:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

John <John at DMJ-Consultancy.co.uk> writes:
> ifconfig -a shows me that the laptop has picked up an address from the
> server but it does not tell me who the DNS servers are.
>
> Where should I look to find out what other information the laptop has
> received from the DHCP server?

The DNS server is listed in /etc/resolv.conf, other information received
from the DHCP server is in /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.* (though this may
depend on which DHCP client you are using).

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19