Thunderbird, Default mail?

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at mysoul.com.au
Sun Mar 23 23:44:57 UTC 2008

G'day there Willis,

> As suggested by the title, how do I make it default?  I am running
> v.7.10 and I have uninstalled Evolution.  Now I have no default mail app.
>
> Thanks gentlemen.

    IIRC, always dubious at my age, there is an option under T/Bird's
'Tools | Options | General" tab which allows T/Bird to check whether
it's the default emailer when it's run. I think that if it's not, it
starts up a dialogue to ask if you want to make it the default. I know
that's how the Windoze version works (that's what I'm using now so I
can't check the Linux variant).

See ya
Ken