Ubuntu is so slow

飞文染翰 aronmalache at 163.com
Sun Mar 23 08:05:51 UTC 2008

 Ubuntu usually start many things that we don't need by the default settings.Firstly,remove the packages you really don't need,but be  careful,this may cause many problems if you don't really known what you don't need.Secondly,you should stop the services that you don't need.Thirdly,check the configs in the program used as 'gconf-editor'.You can change many settings here,and also be careful.Finally,make some other settings to make your devices run perfectly.If you can,also recomplie the kernel with the modules you need.

在2008-03-21,"OOzy Pal" <oozypal at gmail.com> 写道:

Hello,

My box started to be very slow. When I click on an icon, it take about
45 seconds for program to show up on the screen. My hard drive blinks
every once and awhile during the 45s not steady blinking or on.

Any help?

--
OOzy
Ubuntu-Gutsy (7.10)