Ubuntu is so slow

debiani386 debiani386 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:45:13 UTC 2008

OOzy Pal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My box started to be very slow. When I click on an icon, it take about
> 45 seconds for program to show up on the screen. My hard drive blinks
> every once and awhile during the 45s not steady blinking or on.
>
> Any help?

if you wait for a while, the hard disk will stop blinking and everything
will be normal.

This is because the Trackerd is reindexing your hard disk and that just
slows everything wayy down. What i did was to remove the trackerd from
my start up list (Administration -> Services -> uncheck trackerd)

--cj